Accountability in Action: A Comprehensive Guide to Charter School Closure
This 2010 charter school closure guide from the National Association of Charter School Authorizers provides detailed information about procedures, case studies, a sample closure plan and checklist, and sample letters to various constituencies. The 80-page guide has six chapters: Why Good Authorizers Should Close Bad Schools; The Evidence Base Needed for School Closure; Closure: Timing, Process and Appeals; Authorizing Boards and Executives; Supporting Students and Families; and Message Matters in Closure Decisions.
- NACSA Charter School Replication Guide: The Spectrum of Replication Options
- Measuring Charter School Financial Health
- Navigating the Closure Process
- Leave No Charter Behind: An Authorizer Guide to the Use of Growth Data
- D.C. Charter Schools: Strengthening Monitoring and Process When Schools Close Could Improve Accountability and Ease Student Transitions