December 2012: Charter Schools and Interscholastic Sports
To view this email as a web page, go here.
Charter Schools and Interscholastic Sports
Building Charter School Sports Programs Takes More Than Cheering
Three Charter Groups Win Total of Nearly $70 Million in RTTT–District Competition
Multimillion Dollar Gates Foundation Grants Going to Seven Cities for Charter–District Collaboration
This website of the University Interscholastic League provides a wide range of information about its organization and guidance for interscholastic sports and other activities, including bylaws and rules for charter schools, manuals for specific sports, procedures for facilities, and information for parents.
This website section of the California Interscholastic Federation includes extensive information about the governance of interscholastic sports programs, including game management guidelines, charter school provisions, and standards for transferring out of a low achieving school.
This website of the National Federation of State High School Associations provides extensive information about the organization and operation of high school sports programs, including standards and rules for competition and conferences and events nationwide.
In Our Next E-Newsletter
- October 2012: Charter Schools and Recruiting Mathematics Teachers
- July 2012: Charter Schools Offer Option For Aiding Native Education
- November 2012: Charter–District Collaboration Focus of Second National Conference
- September 2012: Charter Schools and the Teacher Evaluation Trend
- April 2012: Charter School Boards and Meeting the Governance Challenge