Special Education Conference Set as Part of National Charter Schools 20th Anniversary Gathering In Minneapolis
A daylong conference to help charter schools effectively serve students with disabilities will be hosted June 19, 2012, by the National Charter School Resource Center (Resource Center) in conjunction with the National Charter Schools Conference in Minneapolis, Minnesota.
The conference, presented in partnership with the National Alliance for Public Charter Schools, will feature leading authorities on the special education responsibilities and opportunities of charter schools and highlight innovations and best practices from around the country.
Topics for the interactive sessions include:
• Designing Innovative Charter Schools That Serve the Needs of All Children
• Nuts and Bolts of Special Education: What Do Charter School Educators Need to Know?
• Authorizing: New Tools for Reviewing Special Education Programs in Charter School Applications
• Setting Up Special Education Programs: Tools and Resources for Charter School Operators
• Developing Policies That Support a Positive Schoolwide Culture and Create Fair Discipline Processes
Building the Capacity of Charter Schools: Effectively Serving Students With Disabilities will be held from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the Hilton Minneapolis. There is no conference registration fee. Register now.
For additional information, contact Peggie Garcia, 312-288-7642 or firstname.lastname@example.org.