More at edweek.org
Seven Charter Schools Win 2013 Green Ribbon Schools Awards
Seven charter schools won 2013 Green Ribbon Schools awards, the U.S. Department of Education announced April 22, 2013:
- Journey School, Aliso Viejo, California
- Redding School of the Arts II, Redding, California
- Common Ground High School, New Haven, Connecticut
- Mundo Verde Bilingual Public Charter School, Washington, D.C.
- Washington Yu Ying Public Charter School, Washington, D.C.
- Ivy Academy, Soddy-Daisy, Tennessee
- Jefferson Elementary-Fox River Academy, Appleton, Wisconsin
The charter schools were among winners of the awards that recognize public and private schools that are “exemplary in reducing environmental impact and costs; improving the health and wellness of students and staff; and providing effective environmental and sustainability education, which incorporates STEM, civic skills and green career pathways.”
There were 64 schools honored, as well as 14 school districts that received the inaugural District Sustainability Award.