Charter School Board Governance 101
Join the National Charter School Resource Center for a discussion led by Colorado League of Charter Schools Senior Vice President of School Services Nora Flood about the roles and responsibilities of boards, the common pitfalls of board governance, and tips for establishing and implementing sound board practices.
Flood -- whose League duties include new school support, professional development, and member business services -- cofounded The Classical Academy in Minneapolis, served as head of school of Madison Country Day School in Waunakee, Wisconsin, was director of Sonoma Charter School in Sonoma, California, and also volunteered as the elected North Coast regional member representative of the California Charter School Association.
Webinar topics will include:
- Roles and responsibilities of board governance and how to apply what you have learned in your state
- Approaches to board, committee, and staff roles in financial oversight
- Strategies and additional resources for board development and oversight
There is no registration fee. To register, please complete and submit the online registration form no later than Wednesday, November 28. Register now. We encourage you to share this event notice with colleagues.
For questions, please contact Tammie Knights, (202-403-6810) or (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Resource Center Webinar to Focus on Key Elements of Charter Board Governance
- Resource Center Webinar to Focus on Making Charter Governing Board Meetings More Effective
- Resource Center Webinar Focuses on Building Better Charter Governing Boards
- National Charter School Resource Center Launches Webinar Series to Aid ELL Education
- Resource Center Webinar to Focus on Student Academic Growth Over Time As Measure of High Quality Charter Schools